Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 1 of Freshman Baseball


Week 1 of my freshman year of baseball at Trinity University was both fun and exciting.  With that being said I was also very nervous.  We practiced a little bit with the coaches in the fall, but this was the first week we had actual practice in preparation for our upcoming season beginning on February 6.  One may ask how did it go?  Well, I played well, but practices were very long.  They could range anywhere from 4 to 5 hours a day.  On the weekends they were even longer.  We began when the sun was rising in the east and we ended when the sun was setting in the west.  They were long days, but I reaped the rewards of a solid practice.  For these first few weeks we did what was called the “Big Cat Challenge”.  These were a set of events where the players would compete and try to be the best of the Trinity University baseball players.  Currently I am sitting near the top of the leader board in 10th place.  With that being said anything could happen and a slip could send me right to the bottom.  I had a great week of baseball and look forward to the upcoming weeks of practice and games.  There are only a few weeks away until we begin playing games.  For more information on the Trinity University baseball program check out their website Trinity Athletics.  Go Tigers! 

No comments: