Monday, March 22, 2010

Weeks 6-7 First Start

These past two weeks of baseball have been really exciting for me and my family.  On Thursday, March 11, 2010 Trinity University played DeSales University.  I got my first start of the season.  Nervous at first I just let my baseball instincts take over and I played very well.  My first hit of my college career was a double to center.  I went on to collect three more hits and finished the day 4-5 with 5 RBI's (runs batted in).  Little did I know that this first start and the way I played would lead to two more starts over Spring Break.  Over the weekend before Spring Break, we traveled as a team by bus to Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi.  My parents traveled the eight hour trip to Millsaps College to see me for the first time since Winter Break.  Little to my knowledge or their knowledge I would be getting the start for the second game.  We ended up winning the game by a score of 10-7.  I started one more game over Spring Break.  All in all these past two weeks have been both exciting and beneficial.  I learned a lot and gained much experience.  Check back in two weeks and see how we do as we prepare to go play in the Conference Tournament in Millington, Tennessee at USA Stadium.

Subscribe to my Podcast (Itunes)
Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)

No comments: